Past Post doctorate Students
Yuval Palgi, Ph.D.
- Associate Professor, Haifa University
, Shrira, A., Ben Ezra, M., Shiovitz-Ezra, S, Ayalon, L. (2012). Self- and Other-Oriented Potential Lifetime Traumatic Events as Predictors of Loneliness in the Second Half of Life. Aging and Mental Health, 16(4),
Ayalon, L., Shiovitz-Ezra, S., Palgi, Y.
(2012). No place like home? Potential pathways to loneliness in older adults under the care of a foreign home care worker. The Journal of Psychology: Interdisciplinary and Applied, 146(1-2),
Ayalon, L. Shiovitz-Ezra, S., Palgi, Y
. (2013). Associations of Loneliness in Older
Married Men and Women. Aging & Mental Health, 17,
Israel Bornstein, Ph.D.
Pnina Dolberg, Ph.D
.-Lecturer, Rupin College
Dolberg, P.* & Ayalon, L. (2017). Subjective meanings and identification with middle-age.International Journal of Aging and Human Development
Ateret Gweirtz-Meyda- University of New Hampshire
Gewirtz-Meydan*, A., Hafford-Letchfield, T., Ayalon, L., Benyamini, Y., Biermann, V., Coffey, A., Jackson, J., Phelan, A., Voß, P., Geiger Zeman, M., & Zeman, Z. (in press).
How do older people discuss their own sexuality? A systematic review of qualitative research studies. Culture, Health and Sexuality
Gewirtz-Meydan*, A. Levkovich*, I. Mock, M. Gur, U. & Ayalon, L. (2018). Promoting a discussion on later life sexuality: Lessons from sexologist physicians. Sexual and Relationship Therapy
Ayalon, L. & Gweyrtz-Meydan, A.* (2017). Senior, mature or single: A qualitative analysis of homepage advertisements of dating sites for older adults. Computers in Human Behavior
Gweyrtz-Meydan, A.* & Ayalon, L. (2017). Forever young: Visual representations of age and gender in online dating sites for older adults. Journal of Women & Aging.
Gweirtz-Meydan, A.* & Ayalon, L. (2016). Physicians' response to sexual dysfunction presented by a younger vs. an older adult. International Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry
Past Ph.D. Students
Liat Rosenberg, Ph.D.
- Willingness to provide informal care to older adults.
Ayalon, L., Kaniel, M., Rosenberg, L.
(2008). Social workers' perspectives on care arrangements between vulnerable elders and foreign home care workers: Lessons from Israeli/Filipino caregiving arrangement. Home Helath Care Services Quarterly, 27, 121-142.
Tomer Corinaldi, Ph.D
.- Animal assisted interventions with older adults
Sagit Lev, Ph.D.-
Ethical dilemas of social workers in long term care
Ayalon, L., Lev, S
.*, Green, O.*, Nevo, U* (2016). A systematic review and meta-analysis of interventions designed to prevent or stop elder maltreatment. Age and Ageing, 45(2)
, 216-227. doi: 10.1093/ageing/afv193
* & Ayalon, L. (2016). Moral distress among long term care social workers: Questionnaire validation. Research on Social Work Practice
. doi: 10.1177/1049731516672070.
Ayalon, L., Lev, S.
*, Rotstein, A. (2014). Who will take care of me? Perceptions and Expectations of Future Long-Term Care Needs among Middle-Aged and Older Israelis. Seniors Housing & Care Journal, (22)1,
Ohad Green, Ph.D.
- Exposure to abuse of migrant home care workers (currently, Haruv Fellow; Fullbright Fellow)
* & Ayalon, L. (in press). The contribution of working conditions and care recipient characteristics to work-related abuse and exploitation of migrant home care workers. Employee Relations
Ayalon, L., Lev, S.*, Green, O.
*, Nevo, U* (2016). A systematic review and meta-analysis of interventions designed to prevent or stop elder maltreatment. Age and Ageing, 45(2)
, 216-227. doi: 10.1093/ageing/afv193
Ayalon, L. & Green, O
.* (2015). Live-in vs. live-out home care in Israel: Satisfaction with services and caregivers’ outcomes. The Gerontologist
Ayalon, L. & Green O
.* (2015). A typology of new residents' adjustment to the continuing care retirement community. The Gerontologist, 56(4)
, 641-50. doi: 10.1093/geront/gnu121.
* & Ayalon, L. (2015) Improving the cooperation rate of older adults and their caregivers with research surveys. Gerontology, 61,
.* & Ayalon, L. (2015). Whom do migrant home care workers contact in the case of work-related abuse? An exploratory study of help-seeking behaviors. Journal of Interpersonal Violence.
*. & Ayalon, L. (2015). Whose right is it anyway? Familiarity with workers' rights among older adults, family caregivers and migrant live-in home care workers: implications for policy and practice. Educational Gerontology, 41,
Dovrat Harel, Ph.D.
- Life narratives of older adults with dementia
Past M.S.W. Students
Miri Kaniel, M.S.W.
- Gender differences in the care work provided by migrant home care workers.
Ayalon, L., Kaniel, M.
, & Rosenberg, L. (2008). Social workers’ perspectives on care arrangements between vulnerable elders and foreign home care workers: Lessons from Israeli/Filipino caregiving arrangements. Home Health Care Services Quarterly, 27,
Maya Peleg, M.S.W.
- An empowerment program for Nepalese migrant home care workers.
& Ayalon, L. (in press). From caregiving to shoulder caregiving: An empowerment program for Nepalese home care workers. Megamot (Hebrew)
Sagit Lev, M.S.W.
-The obligation dilemma of the social worker in the nursing home.
& Ayalon, L. (in press). A development of a theoretical model to explain the commitment dilemma of the social worker in the nursing home. Society and Welfare
*& Ayalon, L. (2015). Running between the raindrops: The obligation dilemma of the social worker in the nursing home. Health and Social Work, 40(1),
* & Ayalon, L. (2015). Coping with the obligation dilemma: Prototypes of social workers in the nursing home. British Journal of Social Work, 46(5)
* & Ayalon, L. (2014). A development of a theoretical model to explain the commitment dilemma of the social worker in the nursing home. Society and Welfare
(2), 259-279. (Hebrew).
Orna Ashkenazi, M.S.W.
- The relationships between migrant home care worker and the older adults they care for in light of the family values and experiences of the home care workers in their country of origin.
& Ayalon, L. (in press). The cultural encounter of Filipino home care workers with older home care recipients and their family members in Israel. Megamot
Racheli Yechezkel, M.S.W.
- Social Workers’ Attitudes towards Intimate Partner Violence in Younger vs. Older Women.
, & Ayalon, L. (2013). Social workers’ attitudes towards intimate partner
violence in younger vs. older women, Journal of Family Violence, 28,
Dana Felner, M.S.W.
- The relationship between retirement age, sense of control over retirement and wellbeing and self-esteem among recent retirees.
Noga Rahat Drihem, M.S.W.
- The relationship between attachment style, acculturation level and loneliness among migrant home care workers.
Noa Cohen, M.S.W.
- Attitudes towards second marriage among Ashkenazi vs. Sephardi widows.
Yehudit Schwarts, M.S.W.
-Adult children moving back in order to live with their older parents.
& Ayalon, L. (2015). The experiences of older mothers following the return of an adult child home. Journal of Aging Studies, 33,
Hadas Shamir, M.S.W.
-Is there a good death in the end of life?
Uziel Nevo, M.S.W.- Family caregivers' experiences under Israeli vs. foreign home care.
* & Ayalon, L. (in press). Burden and meaning in care among primary caregivers of older adults who receive home care assistance. Gerontology & Geriatrics
Noa Levinson, M.S.W
.- The life stories of older women who suffer from pathological gambling.
Ariel Argaman, M.S.W.- From caregiving to relationship: The home care experience
Sharon Fridman, M.S.W.- The guardianship dilemma of social workers